Skip to main content

Kings get cancelled - I curse another show

I am starting to think that I am a television death knell. The Nine, Journeyman, Terminator, and now Kings. Whenever I start liking it, the network starts canceling it.

The problem with the shows I just mentioned (besides them all getting canceled) is that they develop originally with the idea that people will watch from the beginning. When those people don't see the first episode, they rarely tune in at all. I get that. I have not watched a number of shows because I missed the beginning and feel like I won't understand everything by jumping in mid-season. Examples include Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Tudors, Big Love, Rescue Me and Chuck. This is just a short list. I feel fairly confident through just friend reviews that I would enjoy all of these programs. I just haven't taken the plunge because I either A: need to start from the beginning or B: need to try and figure it all out part of the way in. Neither option seems appealing.

But when I actually get on shows from the beginning, like the ones mentioned above, they just get canceled. What the hell is a guy to do? Now Kings is headed out the door. NBC will air the remaining eight episodes on Saturday nights (awesome) and then that is it. Is there a point in watching the end? Probably not. It just opens the door for more disappointment. I am upset. Kings was a pretty great concept show with high drama and intriguing characters. Now its been dethroned.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sons of Anarchy - Albification Recap

Season two opens with the gang taking target practice while the rest of Charming goes about its merry business. One of my favorite things about Sons of Anarchy is the dilemma the gang causes in the town (they are its biggest threat and biggest protector) as well as the inner turmoil among many members as they struggle with their day-to-day family and work duties along with maintaining the outlaw life. Click here to continue reading at CinemaBlend .

The Office - Cafe Disco

The Office hasn't been the same since Michael came back. At least that's his claim and it precipitates the inception of the "party room." Who wouldn't love this in their job? A room where they played techno music and everyone raved all day? Scratch that, I would hate it. Michael doesn't have the same connection with the larger staff at Dunder Mifflin as he had with his workforce of three at Michael Scott Paper (Pam and Ryan). He yearns for the same connectivity and tries to achieve it through exxpresso (sic) and house music at annoyingly loud decibels. He turns the old Michael Scott Paper into a meet-and-greet disco type place for office workers to kick back and relax. Unfortunately, no one can take it easy with Michael around. Nor do they want to. It isn't until Michael gives up all hope of the space that the two Kelly's (secretary and customer service) take it over and make it into the party atmosphere Michael dreamed off. I loved how th

This Rotten Week

This week the Rotten Watch takes a look at Cop Out and the Crazies. Its going to be a rotten week. Click here to read the full article at CinemaBlend.